Tuesday, January 6, 2009

my family


well , I never really introduced my little family. I met my husband jacob 10 1/2 years ago when we both had jobs at a grocery store. I was 19 and he was 18. We marrried in October 2005 and we had an awesome halloween wedding complete with costumes and all. I have four dogs and 3 cats. The first to come along was Boognish. I was fostering him for a pet rescue and I decided I couldn't part with him. Next came Circe. A beautiful pit bull I adopted from a rescue. All we know about her was that she was turned into a shelter in augusta, georgia at about 8 weeks old. Next is brigid( brie) another pit bull. I took her home from work. She was confiscated from her owner who was facing animal cruelty charges. Brie was estimated to be about 9 months old and she weighed only 13 pounds. Her weight finally topped out at 40 pounds that's still pretty small for and american pit bull terrier. She's a sweet girl, but terrified of strangers. Last of my canines is " Vogel" my german shorthair. Someone dropped this beautiful puppy at the shelter in the middle of the night in our Drop cages. ( they are kennels set up to keep people from dumping them on the highway by the shelter). He's been a handful, but his sweet personality helps us over look it. Their ages are 7, 6, 5, and 2. Now my cats are " constantine" he is 9 yrs and jacob found him behind a dumpster as a kitten. He's a beautiful chocolate point siamese mix. Orla is my completely insane 1 yr old female cat. I bottle fed her because she was an orphan. I kept her because she was so evil no one would adopt her. Last is mortimer. He showed up at my half way house for lost pets earlier last year. After some investigating I found out his people moved and left him behind. So, I snuck him into work, tested him, vaccinated him, and he got two little snips and now he lives on my porch. lately he's been leaving me offerings of mice and lizards on my welcome mat. I guess he's trying to say, " thank you". Jacob and I do plan on having children at some point, but I think we need a bigger place first. well, more land really.

No comments:

Post a Comment