Wednesday, January 7, 2009

spring

well, since it isn't really winter here in South carolina ( it feels like early spring) I've already started thinking about my gardening projects. I want to have a nice veggie garden this summer. We had a decent one last year but, vogel broke in and ate all of our heirloom tomatos. Now we had bought some really rare varieties from a show they had at the farmers market. The guy we get them from only comes around once a year. So needless to say we were not happy with vogel! So, this year the fence around the garden is getting electrified!! Not enough to hurt him, but enough so that he gets the point! I plan on planting more lavender out front because it stays pretty all year down here. We've also talked about planting blueberrie bushes. I like all my plants to serve some purpose besides, just being pretty. I read an article in mother earth news about decorative vegetable gardens. The pictures and layout plans were beautiful! I would really like to plant one of those one day. I also found a beautiful lavender/ blue climbing rose I would love to grow on a trelis on the corner of my house. My other roses did great last year. next month will be the time to plant that. I did get some granite rocks today. It looks a little better but I will need a bunch more. So I'm trying to round up a large pick up truck and a friend to help. So, wish me luck on that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment