Monday, March 30, 2009
I was bad at work today!
So, as most of my people know I took a crap job at Ross( dress for less) working in the stock room. Since I've started working there I have been annoyed and shocked on a daily basis. First, if you're my family you've already heard my complaints, but you have'nt heard this yet. Ross is cheap and not just their prices. They pay their employees minimum wage. They cut payroll. So, what that means is everyone has to work triple and still get paid the same. The stock room is suposed to have eight people but, they cut it down to 6. They also cut the stockroom hours, but the truck loads stayed the same. On a daily basis we are told we are not working fast enough. We were actually told ( no lie) by management that we needed to work like we were on crack!!!! Now, all of my former jobs would give us a nice little pee test to make sure we were not on crack, but this place wants us on it!!n Now my specialty job is accessories, which includes toys, cosmetics, socks, hats, purses, shampoo,childrens, men's gifts, women's gifts, etc! This a 3 person job, but it's just me. Now after the truck comes in my job is to sort, hard tag, and get all this stuff on the floor in it's proper places. This isn't a mini mart folks. It's a department store! I'm suposed to get all this done in 3 hours. Which I do manage to do, but today I was told I had to " step it up " so, I could help the people finish up there stuff. I don't see anyone helping me. Needless to say I lost it. I'm going as fast as I can humanly go!!I have never been told I was slow. Never! Now the best part is when they praise me, but then follow it with this. Sallie, you are doing a great job. You are one of the fastest employees we have ever had, But we need you to step it up. What the hell? So, today I decided it was time to make a point. Something I am famous for. After i had sorted everything and had it hard tagged. I took one of my 6 carts and I exited the stockroom. At this point I started running. That's right I was in a full blown sprint. Customers were dodging me left and right. As I came to each of my sections I just tossed the crap on the selves and moved onto the next one. It wasn't long of course before one of my managers came up to me asking what was going on. I told her," I'm working like a crack head"! Her eyes got big and she walked off. Around 2 min. later I got a page to go to the office. Now I know everyone is wondering if I was worried about being fired. Hell no! I'm sick of the crap! When I got to the office the store manager asked me what was going on. I told her that since, she wanted me to step it up and I was going Fast already, the only other speed I had was running. I said," you told us to work like crack heads, so I'm only doing what you told me". Anyway, I did'nt get fired of course because the reason we are there is the other stock crew walked out. I don't think they will be bothering me again on the subject. I think they realized crack heads don't take no shit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE IT!!!! I got this visual of you running arounf throwing the stuff on the shelves and about peed my pants!!! GOOD FOR YOU.......YOUR MAMA DIDN"T RAISE NO FOOL!
ReplyDeleteyea, I may have matured a little bit, but I am still adept at showing my ass!
ReplyDeleteYeah...I had that same visual! Just about peed my pants too!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!! And I thought waiting tables was bad sometimes, I couldn't imagine working for such losers!
ReplyDelete