Tuesday, January 6, 2009


lWell, a bunch has happened since my last post. I did get a little job at a resturant for a bit, but when I was no longer needed they let me go. So, 2 weeks before christmas I was back to square one. After my initial break I realize how much I missed my former work. I've sent my resume out all over, so now it's just a waiting game.
Jacob started his new job as a long haul trucker about 8 weeks ago. I had a nice little panic attack ( which always freaks me out ) my first night alone. I lay in bed with my pulse and heart racing. Needless to say I did not sleep. The next day I was fine. My biggest fear was just the fear of something bad happening to him or to me. If something happened to me at home, how long would it take for someone to find me and would my dogs eat me?? I'm serious, this is why I need meds( but I refuse to go on them). I worry constantly!!! So, I've taken up hiking again to get some happy endorphines going. I figure if I croak at home and My dogs eat me, than Oh well, I'm dead what do I care. And by the way the fear of your dogs eating you is a legit one. At my former job we had to go pick up some poor dachsunds that had been stuck in the house of their dead owner for a week. I don't think I need to tell you the rest. The poor dogs found good homes, but we did not tell the new owners about their past meal adventures.
My christmas was a good one. Jacob barely made it home, but in the end he got here. It really sucked because he was only here for three days, but that's the way it goes. My whole family did a "NO GIFTs" christmas and I must say I really enjoyed that. I baked and cooked and so did everyone else and It was beautiful. My mother decided not to invite everyone and their mommas over, so it was just siblings, their spouses, grandparents, and grandkids. I loved it!! For new years I had dinner with my sis amanda and her husband loren. She was visiting from arizona so, I don't get to see her much. I enjoyed it. Later I went to my sister jamies' house we played board games with the kids. I haven't played board games in years, well except for mancala which is my favorite. It was a lot of fun. I skipped out at 11:30 so I could ring in the year on the phone with jacob and hang with my canine and feline crew. It was all good. I did miss a fight between my sister Amanda and my brother Andrew at my dads' house on christmas day. I heard it was hilarious. damn! Oh, well maybe next year i can watch a good ass kicking.
So, for the most part I'm just hoping to get some job interviews soon. I've been going stir crazy. Yesterday, I vaccumed my house like a crazy woman. OOOOOoooo, I forgot there is a strange thing going on in my neighborhood. Just so you know. When I get old I'm gonna be one of those annoying old ladies that's always spying on her neighbors. I am , it's my old lady goal! Well, anyway about a week ago my dogs were barking their butts off louder than normal so, I peeked outside and there was this woman parked in front of my house. She looked to be in her forties or so, and she was just sitting there. I watched her for awhile. She did her makeup and sprayed her hair and such. My first thought was "GREAT" she's a saleswoman. After awhile she left. Two days ago she showed up again. This time a man walked down my street and got in her car. Later on she came and dropped him off and he preceded to walk back up the street. My first thought was Someones having and affair. Well, yesterday she was back. This time the man walked down my street and when he got back in the car he picked up a walkie talkie. I think I got it now. Someone in my neighborhood is about to get busted for selling drugs. Maybe, but anyways it's keeping entertained.
My dog boognish has got me worried a bit. He'll be seven next month and besides a lipoma ( fatty tumor ) on his left rib cage he's never really had any health problems. the lipoma isn't causing him any harm and I won't risk putting under anethesia for something really only cosmetic. Lately though he has been really neurotic, like he's scared of something. Now there has been some changes, like jacob being gone and such, but I don't think that's it. Earlier this summer he showed his first fear of thunder storms. He's fine if he's in the house, but if he senses one coming he starts throwing himself at the back door until I let him in. That didn't bother me to much because he is getting older and new fears set in with age. But, here is what is really got me worried. about 2 months agos in the middle of the night I started hearing a dog fight. Now my dogs have dog beds all over the house and some in my bedroom. The fights were quick and only one sided. When they woke me up I realized it was boognish and I just figured he was being a jerk and kicking another dog out of the bed he wanted to sleep. He's always been the alpha and so therefore he can be a jerk to the others. Well, my sleep schedule is all messed up and I have turned in to a night owl. I stay up to about 3am most of the time. So, now that I am awake I can see whats really going on. It goes like this... all my dogs will be passed out sleeping. All of them will be curled together and suddenly boognish will come out of a full sleep and attack. I wouldn't really call it and attack it's more like a freak out. this only seems to happen at night. Now last night was really weird. He was sleeping alone and circe ( one of my dogs ) walked around the coffee table, she was nowhere near him and he was out like a light! He suddenly woke up and let out a loud bark and growl. For a minute he looked disoriented and then he was fine. During the day he seems prefectly fine. Eating well, playing well, and such. My biggest fear is maybe he's having Petit mal seizures. It so hard to tell. When my late dog beethoven had seizures they were different and most were grand mal, but I have that same gut feeling I had when beethoven first starting having his. His petit mals were quick ( biting at the air and such )and barely noticeable except to me. Well, I've had to play this game before so, I 've been writing down his episodes and waiting to see if he has a grand mal to know for sure. I hope this isn't the case because boognish is my boy and beethoven only lasted 2 more years after his seizures started. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I took him to the vet. a few months back and all his blood work was good. I did call my vet. and he told me the same just to wait. anyway, I'm signing off! goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I love you darling but you are not right!!!! I hate to think of you worrying so much. If you get bored please, please come over here. I could use somebody to vacuum for me :-)))

    ReplyDelete